NEW Member Special! available at your very first class only.. 2 week (14 day)Unlimited! $30
DISCOVER your favorite class!
Purchase this at the studio at your very first class! (not available to purchase online)
Before you take class at Central Mass Yoga:
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your first class as you will need to register with the teacher.
- Always sign in on the printed log at the studio upon your arrival.
- We have yoga mats but if you prefer to bring your own, please do so or purchase a mat at the yoga studio. If using a studio mat please clean it at the end of class. We highly recommend for your health and safety that you do purchase your own mat. We sell high quality, environmentally friendly yoga mats.
- Please remove outdoor shoes before entering class. Bare feet is appropriate.
- Inform the instructor of any injuries or limiting conditions. If this is your first class please fill out a health form.
- Please keep conversations in the waiting area to a whisper either before or after classes if another class is in session.
- Wear comfortable non-binding clothing that is easy to stretch in, preferably form fitting. You may want to bring an extra layer of clothing for cooling down afterward.
- For the comfort of other attendees who may have allergies, please refrain from strong fragrances.
- For your own comfort, please do not eat within an hour or preferably two hours before coming to the studio.
- Please turn off all cell phones and beepers and enjoy your time at our studio!
What does a group class at Central Mass Yoga consist of?
A group class is generally 75 minutes in length and consiste of a series of yoga postures (asanas) done lying on the floor , sitting, standing and in weight bearing positions. Classes are progressive and build upon what was learned in the previous lesson. Yoga props (blocks, straps, blankets, bolsters, etc) are used to assist with proper alignment or to add more challenge to the yoga postures (asanas). Regardless of your skill level expect to love yoga and feel fantastic afterwards!
What do I need to bring to a Heated Central Mass Yoga class?
You will need a yoga mat, towel and water. You can bring your own mat or we have mats for sale at the studio. No shoes or socks are allowed in the hot room. Shorts and T-shirt, tank top or sports bra (for women) are appropriate attire.
What happens if I am late for class at Central Mass Yoga?
All classes start on time. If you are late, please come in quietly. We strongly suggest that first-timers arrive 15 minutes prior to your first class.
How Often Should I attend Central Mass Yoga Classes?
It is recommended that beginner students attend 10 classes during the first month to effectively see and feel results. Subsequently, we recommend 3-5 classes per week to receive maximum benefits. Practice YOGA everyday and you will be amazed by what happens!
How does a Central Mass Yoga instructor interact with the class?
The instructor will explain how and why each posture (asana) is performed and will monitor the class to ensure each posture is being executed correctly. The instructor will make individualized modifications to ensure the postures are appropriate for each individual. Class sizes are limited to ensure quality instruction.
Classes may be canceled 1-2 hours before class is held. Call to listen to the answering machine message (508-835-1176), check the newsfeed on the home page of the website, or facebook. If there is no cancellation message then classes will be held.